As a tropical country, Malaysia has a climate that is hot and humid throughout the year. Sun exposure can cause coarse wrinkles, mottled pigmentation, and worst, skin cancer. To avoid any of these heat-related illnesses, you will need a skin care regimen. Keep reading to learn the effective ways of protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays that the sun emits.
- Apply sunscreen before sun exposure. Should you use sunscreen on a daily basis? Yes, especially if you are always outside. You should use it 15-30 minutes before going under the sun. Reapplication every two hours is also advised, especially after doing activities that make the sunscreen wear off even faster such as sweating or swimming.
- Cleanse using a gel cleanser. This cleanser is typically lightweight, so it works best in hot weather. Use the cleanser day and night to keep your skin free of shine.
- Use a pore refining toner after cleansing. Pores get bigger in hot weather because the heat increases perspiration. After cleaning your face with a gentle scrub, follow with a toner to further tighten the pores.
- Pick a moisturizer that matches your skin type. It can be a bit tricky to select which moisturizer to use in a humid country. You might be thinking about skipping this part since over moisturizing can clog your pores. Invest in a lightweight moisturizer that does not contain petroleum, mineral oil or silicones when you have oily skin. When you have dry skin, use cream with lasting hydration.
- Get a facial treatment. Give your skin some loving and exfoliate your skin with a gentle facial scrub. Regular facials can help keep your pores clear.
Your skin serves as the largest barrier against infection and other harmful environmental aggressors such as UV rays and germs. It is essential to keep our barrier safe and protected so investing on products for our skin is not only for beauty purposes. You need to protect your skin for your overall health.