It is always a nice idea to go basking under the sun and give the skin its much needed vitamin D. Aside from the aid vitamin D provides in promoting growth and development of bones and teeth, it also helps the body ward off certain diseases. However, it is not a secret that too much sun exposure could lead to more skin trouble than good. This is why proper skin care routine which aims to fully protect your skin from the harmful UVB and UVA rays of the sun is always a must.
Effects of UVB and UVA to the Skin
UV is part of the light spectrum that comes from the sun and may be classified into three types namely, UVA, UVB, and UVC; UVA being the longest and UVC the shortest. Considering that UVC is a short wavelength, it does not penetrate the planet but rather gets absorbed in the ozone layer, only UVA and UVB gets to reach the Earth thus making them the actual threat to its habitants.
The UVB and UVA are notorious in causing great skin damage such as eye damage, premature skin aging and wrinkles, discoloration, and skin cancer. In the past, UVA was thought to cause less damage compared to UVB however over time, it has been known that it also plays a role in development of skin cancer through indirect destruction or damage to the DNA.
How Can You Protect Your Skin from The Harms of The Sun?
Your skin needs better protection. And through today’s innovations, your options in protecting your skin have become wider. Using a trusted name in beauty like Kiehl’s Malaysia may help you skip your trip to your dermatologist. Kiehl’s Malaysia has a wide range of products to fight off the effects of the sun.
1. For Premature Ageing
- Kiehl’s have products such as the Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Eye Brightening Concentrate with pure Vitamin C and haloxyl to minimize wrinkles around the eye area.
- Double Strength Deep Line Filler is helps minimize expression lines, nasolabial folds, and crow’s feet. It is also a certified spot treatment for wrinkles
2. For Sun-Damaged Skin
- With active ingredients such as white birch, vitamin c, and peony extracts, Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution may be your new best friend in removing unsightly dark spots
- Dermatologists Solutions Nightly Refining Micro-peel Concentrate helps by improving the texture of your skin restoring its radiance and youthful glow.
In addition to the products above, Kiehl’s also has a Sun Care line of products to help your skin give its much needed TLC:
1. Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA++++
-Aim to protect your skin from UVA rays, this sunscreen is packed with Rosa Gallica to give your skin a calming relief while protecting you from the sun. It is non-comedogenic, oil-free, colorant-free, and fragrance-free which makes it suitable even for sensitive skin.
2. Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream
– A lightweight and sheer BB cream with buildable coverage, this product contains Vitamin C that can help correct skin tone discoloration and dullness. It has SPF 50 PA++++ giving you a layer of protection from the sun. It is also suitable for sensitive skin.
Taking care of one’s skin has never been out of trend. And through Kiehl’s, you can give your skin better protection especially when going out to the searing heat of the sun. The great news is that, their products are available online. Order your skincare online in Malaysia to experience a great solution to all your skin woes.